Sunday, August 23, 2015

Sunday Funday!

Happy Sunday! Hope everyone is enjoying this last day of summer break before it's "Back to School" for the rest of Dade and Broward counties tomorrow. Sunday is always a good day to check out restaurants or other places you've never been to, which is my plan for the next few months. But it was extremely HOT so maybe just maybe staying home in the AC wasn't a bad idea if you did.
Anyway, my sister-in-law celebrated her birthday today with brunch at the Daily Creative Food Co. Neither one of us had ever been there so none of us knew what to expect. But after eating and lots of talking, I think we were all satisfied.
Once you come in, you order casually at the front, you're given a number and drink if you ordered one, and then pick a place to sit. Your food is then brought out to you. I had the "Art Deco Chicken Cesar" with parmesan and herb fries and of course, cafe con leche on the side.

I paid $16 and change for this which wasn't bad...in my opinion. The menu though to be honest was intimidating because there was literally PLENTY to choose from. I had to ask the cashier for guidance. But all in all, I was pleased with my food, and so was everyone else!

After that a smaller group of us went to Brick House in Wynwood where we sat, had some drinks, and played "Cards Against Humanity". Interesting card game, I'd definitely play again. That's coming from someone who really isn't into card games (honestly, I can do without them). But soon enough, it got a little bit too hot and we were on our way home. I heard good things about Brick House at night so I'll definitely check it out again.

Happy birthday to my sister-in-law Camila and thanks to everyone who came out to celebrate with her!

Hope your Sunday was as awesome as mine, have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment